The Most Hated Woman in America, a biopic of Madalyn Murray O’Hair, wins the award for inspiring my swiftest personal pivot from film-watching to Wikipedia-checking. The instant the closing credits hit I raced to my laptop with supersonic speed: wait, did this actually happen?
Song to Song review – Terrence Malick returns to form with lyrical love triangle

The divisive film-maker adds story to swirling camerawork as Rooney Mara, Michael Fassbender and Ryan Gosling cross paths in the Texas music scene
Read more
This is by no means evidence of a good movie. Debuting at the South By Southwest festival before its dump in Netflix’s feature film graveyard, this collection of facts and unexpected cultural touch-points certainly has enough fascinating moments to hold one’s interest. But its desultory storytelling and seesaw of tonal shifts is frustrating in a way that so many poor biographical films tend to be. It’s a pity, as O’Hair is a heck of a historical figure and Melissa Leo is, in many scenes, quite gripping.
The Most Hated Woman in America - Savage Dog (2017) - movvie action