Sapa has long been known as a popular hill resort, hiding so many things not only amazing natural scenery, but also people.

I came to Sapa hiking on a misty morning in late autumn days of early October after an 8-hour overnight train ride and a half hour drive up the mountainside. Cold air of the beginning of winter days brings Sapa a romantic but gentle beauty.
Due to the limited amount of time, I chosen the typical tourist sites and the most famous in the town of clouds for my trip.

First is the conquer Fanxipan peak by...cable car. From the church at the centre of Sapa town you can easily catch a bus to the foot of the cable. Perhaps for a long time when mentioning Fanxipan - Vietnam's highest mountain and also the highest peak in Indochina, people just sigh with disappointment. Because to conquer the "Roof of Indochina" before 2016 and earlier, the only way is trekking the path along the steep mountain.

This trekking trip requires at least 2 days and 1 night to reach the top, not only requires participants to be fit to overcome the slippery rocks, they also have to withstand the frostbitten cold when camping halfway up the mountain to stay overnight. So the conquest of this 3.143m peak is just for the younger people or professional active travelers.

Travel to hazy town of Sapa

However, since the cable car system in Fanxipan was officially put into operation in the early months of 2016 it has brought opportunities for everyone to conquer the mountain peak without strenous trekking. No matter what age you are, young or old, you can realize the dream of your conquest. Rates for children's service is VND 400,000 / ticket and adults is VND 600,000 / ticket.

Fanxipan cable car is indeed a new experience, well worth the money you spent. Sitting in the cabin and take a sweeping panoramic view at lovely scene, the terraced rice fields, the peaceful hill tribe villages.
And nothing better than to be able to lay your hands on the 3.143m milestone, whether our young people or the previous generation, the elderly, all feel proud. Their country Vietnam is so majestic!

The second place that I visited in Sapa is Cat Cat village - a beautiful little village at the foot of Hoang Lien Son mountain range. Cat Cat village attracts tourists not only by the unspoiled natural scenery, romantic beauty but also by the traditional culture, distinctive and unique of Black H'mong community living here.